Academic developmental editing
Want to know more about academic developmental editing? Laura Portwood-Stacer discusses what it involves and how to develop your skills.
Listen to find out more about
- What is academic developmental editing?
- Required skills and background
- Why academic authors seek help from developmental editors
- What do academic developmental editors do?
- Why it's different from other types of non-fiction editing
- The benefits to editors of offering an academic developmental editing service
- How academic developmental editors find clients
- Training and resources for academic developmental editors
Find out more about Laura Portwood-Stacer
- Contact Laura: manuscriptworks.com and lauraportwoodstacer.com
- Read The Book Proposal Book: manuscriptworks.com/book
- Train as an academic developmental editor: courses.manuscriptworks.com
- 10% discount coupon for course: EDITINGPODCAST
Join our Patreon community
Denise and Louise
- Denise Cowle: denisecowleeditorial.com
- Louise Harnby: harnby.co/fiction-editing
‘Vivacity’ Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com). Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/