In this episode of The Editing Podcast, Denise and Louise discuss sample edits – what they are, how they can help, and who they’re useful for.
Listen to find out more about:
- Asking for multiple sample edits of the same material
- What to expect from sample line/copyedits versus proofreads
- Best versus best fit
- Pricing: are they free?
- Samples and scheduling
- Samples and filtering for ‘Frankenedits’
- Obligations and safe spaces
- Directory of Editorial Services: Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP)
- FutureLearn writing courses (free): Start Writing Fiction (OU), An Introduction to Screenwriting (UEA), Introduction to Forensic Science (University of Strathclyde; crime writers will find this useful)
'Is Hiring a Developmental Editor Cheating?' by Molly McCowan
You can access transcripts of this episode via Denise and Louise's websites:
Ask us a question
The easiest way to ping us a question is via Facebook Messenger: Visit the podcast's Facebook page and click on the SEND MESSAGE button.
Denise and Louise
‘Vivacity’ Kevin MacLeod...