Louise and Denise discuss writing and editing for the web with guest Erin Brenner.
Listen to find out more about:
- Why working with web content is different from writing for the page
- In which programs should we create content for the web?
- Pre-upload checks on the writing
- Pre-upload checks on metadata links, and alt-text
- Quality control: self-editing versus third-party professional help
- How many editing passes?
- Fact-checking and authenticity
- The order of play for editing web content
- Style sheets and web content
- Language choice and style for web content
- Erin Brenner’s Web Style Checklist: http://bit.ly/2ZtVRaK
- They Ask, You Answer by Marcus Sheridan
- Erin Brenner, Right Touch Editing: http://bit.ly/2T1XCtH
- ‘Customer service: A cautionary tale of red flags and safety nets’ by Vanessa Plaister on the SfEP blog: http://bit.ly/2GJLiJC
- The AP Stylebook (Associated Press): http://bit.ly/2T0Ktkv
Ask Us A Question
The easiest way to ping us a question is via Facebook Messenger: Visit the podcast's Facebook page and click on the SEND MESSAGE button: http://bit.ly/EditPodFB
Denise And Louise
- Denise Cowle Editorial Services: bit.ly/CowleEditing
- Louise Harnby | Fiction Editor: bit.ly/HarnbyEditing
‘Vivacity’ Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com). Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/