Find out what editorial style is, why it’s important, and how editors work to create, evaluate and enforce style.
Listen to find out more about
- What is style?
- The differences between rules, preferences and conventions
- Flexibility in fiction and non-fiction
- What is a style guide?
- Why style guides aren't rule books
- When editors need to respect tone, register, voice and brand identity
- What is a style sheet?
Denise and Louise
- Denise Cowle: denisecowleeditorial.com
- Louise Harnby: harnby.co/fiction-editing
‘Vivacity’ Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com). Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/