Louise and Denise discuss whether working with a specialist editor is necessary for all books and every type of editing.
Listen To Find Out More About:
- Fiction versus non-fiction
- The type of editing
Editing bites and other resources
- Storycraft: The Complete Guide to Writing Narrative Nonfiction (Chicago Guides to Writing, Editing, and Publishing), Jack Hart
- ‘The Secrets of Story Structure’, KM Weiland
- The Editing Podcast, S1E1: The different levels of editing
- Switching to Fiction (online course for aspiring fiction editors)
- Research tools for crime and thriller writers (blog post)
- Consulting Cops
- The Art of Firearms in Fiction is a free 45-page primer featuring Steve Allen, a soldier-turned-editor who specializes in military particulars, with additional material from Aden Nichols, an editor and Special Forces veteran.
Ask us a question
The easiest way to ping us a question is via Facebook Messenger: Visit the podcast’s Facebook page and click on the SEND MESSAGE button.
Denise and Louise
‘Vivacity’ Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com). Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License