Denise and Louise demystify (and stand up for) one of the most misunderstood pieces of punctuation – the semi-colon.
Listen To Find Out More About:
- What the semi-colon looks like
- Separating two independent clauses
- Subjects and predicates
- Weighting and parallelism
- Comma splices
- Separating items in a list
- Objections to the semi-colon
Resources related to the show
- National Centre for Writing’s podcast
- Semicolon: How a misunderstood punctuation mark can improve your writing, enrich your reading and even change your life, by Cecilia Watson
Ask Us A Question
The easiest way to ping us a question is via Facebook Messenger: Visit the podcast's Facebook page and click on the SEND MESSAGE button.
Denise And Louise
‘Vivacity’ Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com). Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License.